The International League of Associations for Rheumatology issues an annual request for proposals for projects that advance rheumatology in developing countries.
Application Period – CLOSED
Applications for the 2022 calendar year are closed. The deadline to submit an application was September 17, 2021.
ILAR welcomes project proposals for ILAR contribution between $5,000 and $25,000 U.S. ILAR will fund up to $100,000 U.S. for projects in 2022.
Leagues of rheumatology associations, national rheumatology societies, universities and academic institutions, government agencies, and individuals from institutions are eligible to submit a proposal for consideration. Project proposals must clearly demonstrate that they address ILAR’s mission to advance rheumatology in developing countries in the areas of patient education and health professional education, including population health* and/or clinical practice, and advocacy for rheumatology. ILAR will not fund research projects.
ILAR’s focus is specifically to advance the education and clinical practice of rheumatology in the developing world and therefore proposals should demonstrate how they will impact improvements in education on population health* and/or the clinical practice of rheumatology.
*Population Health is defined as health outcomes of a group of individuals including the distribution of such outcomes within the group (e.g., COPCORD Registry).
This year, ILAR will give special consideration to these prioritized areas:
- Innovative programs that specifically address ways to maintain and expand access to care for rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Programs that address the need to expand access to rheumatology care in your community.
- Rheumatology education programs/materials for health professionals and/or patients to expand access to rheumatology care in your community.
- Advocacy for rheumatology through disease awareness campaigns. ILAR will fund up to $5,000 each for projects that address public awareness campaigns for rheumatology. An example includes translating EULAR’s “Don’t Delay, Connect Today” campaign into various languages to be shared in your community.
- Development of registries in a developing country, including COPCORD Registry.
Award Terms and Funding
ILAR is soliciting proposals for projects that clearly demonstrate that they address ILAR’s mission to advance rheumatology in developing countries in the areas of education, population health and/or clinical practice for the funding year January 1 – December 31, 2022. In total, ILAR will fund up to $100,000 U.S. for projects in 2022. Special consideration will be given to projects involving multiple leagues.
Awardees will be required to complete a letter of agreement/conditions of award to initiate the funding. The awardee will agree to completing a progress report and final report for their project. The first payment will be sent to the awardee no later than February of the award year; however, no funds will be released prior to the receipt of this document. To make sure the projects stay on task, ILAR will withhold 10% of the award until a six-month progress report is submitted.
For more information, please contact ILAR at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-633-3777.