The ILAR journal, Clinical Rheumatology is an international fully indexed peer-reviewed publication devoted to publishing original clinical investigation and research in the general field of rheumatology.
Clinical Rheumatology Editor-in-Chief
Luis Espinoza, MD, assumed the editorship of Clinical Rheumatology on January 1, 2014.
Editorial Position Opportunity
ILAR seeks applications and nominations for the position of Editor-in-Chief of Clinical Rheumatology. The term is five years: January 2019 – December 2023.
The ideal candidate for the Editor-in-Chief position will be active in the field of rheumatology and have a strong interest in contribution to scientific literature. Duties include soliciting and processing all submissions through the Editorial Manager peer review system, establishing a forward-thinking Aims & Scope for the journal, and inviting esteemed colleagues to serve as Editorial Board members or Associate Editors. ILAR requests that editorial board members and/or associate editors reflect all regional rheumatology leagues (AFLAR, APLAR, EULAR, and PANLAR).
Essential qualifications include a record of significant scholarly achievement on an international level including experience writing scientific papers; publishing scientific works; and serving as a peer reviewer, Editorial Board member, or Associate Editor for a rheumatology publication. Applicants may not have any direct financial interactions with industry. Other qualifications include strong computer skills, understanding of the international community of scholars and practitioners, and strong interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will receive compensation based on experience and an annual stipend in addition to the support of an off-site Journal administrator.
The primary responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief include:
- Provide overall leadership and direction for the Editorial Board, Associate Editors, and Reviewers
- Provide direction and careful consideration of all content submitted to the Journal, with an eye toward maximum utilization of the content
- Encourage submissions of scientific manuscripts, including solicitation of review articles, editorials, and commentaries to the Journal
- Direct and supervise an online peer review process that is time-sensitive and equitable
- Work with the Publisher to identify topics for publication as special issues or supplements to the Journal
- Appoint International Associate Editors and Editorial Board members in consultation with ILAR and Springer
- Maintain regular communication with the Associate Editors, Editorial Board, and Publisher
- Ensure that the Journal adheres to the guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors
- Conduct a meeting of the Editorial Board in conjunction with either ACR’s Annual Meeting or EULAR’s Annual Congress
- Report bi-annually to the ILAR Executive Committee on the performance of the Journal
Interested candidates should expect to devote an average of 12 hours per week to the responsibilities and management of the journal.
Interested candidates should submit a nonbinding letter of intent via email by August 10, 2018.
Deadline: Applications must be received no later than September 28, 2018.
To complete the application process you must provide:
- Completed application
- Full curriculum vitae
- Statement of support from the candidate’s institution
- Two letters of reference
Send all items to email@example.com.