ILAR is committed to support programs that lead to progress in the practice and education of rheumatology in countries where there is an exceptional need.
Read the ILAR Bylaws >
- March 2006: Meeting in Santander, Spain to discuss ILAR reorganization.
- June 2007: Meeting in Barcelona, Spain to approve ILAR reorganization and determine the mission.
- November 2007: First meeting of the restructured ILAR Executive Committee to discuss governance and journal issues. ILAR was restructured with a more focused mission to advance rheumatology in developing countries. The new ILAR’s Executive Committee consists of the Presidents and Presidents-Elect of ACR, EULAR, PANLAR, APLAR and AFLAR.
- June 2008: Decision to fund ILAR projects for up to $100,000 (USD) in 2009.
- October 2008: Decisions will be made on the first round of ILAR projects.
Countries with ILAR Projects
Click the map to see all of the countries that have benefited from ILAR projects.